- 1 yard of the fabric of your choice. I used the All-Over Sequins Mermaid Scale on Stretch Mesh
- Matching thread
- Sewing Machine
- Pillow Insert
- Measuring Tape
- Iron and Ironing Board
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Cut 2 20 X 20" size squares out of the your chosen fabric.You can either use the same fabric for the front and the back of the pillow or your favorite fabric for the front only and a basic solid color fabric for the back.
- Lay the two fabric squares on top of each other with right sides together facing each other. Pin the squares all the way around.
- Pin all the way around the 3 sides of the fabric square leaving an opening on one side of the fabric square pinning only 2" from both ends of that side. The opening will be for the insert to fit inside.
- Start by sewing from one end of the opening all the way around to the other end of the opening. Stitch 1/2" seam allowances around pivot at the corner and continue sewing.
- Once you're done sewing, trim off the corners for the insert to fill in the corners nicely. Flip the whole pillow inside out, making sure you poke all the corners out. You may use something pointy like a stick to help push the corners out perfectly. Before inserting the pillow, fold and press the seam under of the opening with your iron to make it easy to stitch closed once the insert is in.
- Next take your insert and start putting it inside the fabric square making it nice and fluffy
- Lastly, Pin the opening closed with your pins to be able to edge stitch the opening
- Stitch the opening closed with an edge stitch. You could stitch close to the edge(edge stitch) of the opening with your sewing machine. If it's too complicated to hold and stitch pillow on your machine, you can hand sew it as well.
- Now you have a beautiful throw pillow to decorate your sofa or your bed while accentuating the room...ENJOY!!